I'm Lisa, a native British English speaker and have been teaching for 18 years. I'm a TEFL certified IELTS specialist and am professional yet friendly, patient, and passionate about helping people to achieve their goals and improve their English.
I will work with you to prepare a course to suit YOUR individual needs and can help with conversation practice, IELTS preparation, Business English, and help you to develop skills to improve your writing, grammar, and pronunciation.
I studied English & education at university and am a qualified teacher. I am also qualified to support people with dyslexia. Before I fell in love with teaching English, I had a career in the IT industry.
I love meeting new people and experiencing different cultures and lived in Germany for three years. I understand the challenges that come with learning a new language and with a Polish grandfather, an Indian uncle and a Chinese stepmother, my family is indeed multicultural!
I’m really excited about meeting you and helping you to grow in confidence. Learning to speak English is fun and your English will improve quickly, you will be able to use English for business or pleasure!
In my free time, I enjoy crafts, reading, creative writing and playing the ukulele.
** Policy **
If you are unable to attend a lesson please let me know as soon as possible and we can reschedule. Otherwise, the following policy applies:
1. If the student is ABSENT from the class for over 15 minutes, I will automatically mark it as a complete lesson and the student will lose their right to a refund.
2. If the student cancels a class more than 4 times, they will need to message me before booking another lesson. I will do my best to accommodate them as I understand emergencies can happen but I have limited availability and would prefer to leave the available slots for those who are really interested in learning English.
3. The student has a right to cancel any lesson with a 100% refund if at least 12 hours notice is given before the lesson start time.
4. If the student cancels less than 12 hours before the lesson start time they will receive a 50% refund.
*** Course Material ***
1. Authentic English materials for use in real life. I prepare and use my own lessons and materials in combination with the official Skills for Life ESOL curriculum to suit the individual learners' needs, goals and level and am constantly evaluating and developing teaching and learning materials.