Promotion 20% off (From May 22,2018 to Jul 30,2018).
원어민 쌤 프로필
Are you looking for practical language lessons that will get you results? Are you looking for a solid learning plan with a purpose toward obtaining fluency? Then my lessons are perfect for you. Book your first lesson and find out more about it!
Hello! My name is Han.
I'm a Korean teacher here with 3 years of experience in teaching both English and Korean for people at all levels.
Learning foreign languages has been one of my lifelong pursuits.
Over the years I have spent thousands of hours learning and practicing different languages including English, French, Spanish and Portuguese. Every language is different but there is an systematic approach that applies to learning any language. This is what I offer in my service along with:
- Speak from day 1
- Practical approach to learning with a purpose
- Speaking from day 1 even if you're a total beginner
- Instant correction and feedback
- Being able to teach both students who want structured lessons or students who want free conversations
- Unlimited off-hours support between your lessons
- Strategies and tactics for an effective language study
- Preparation for a job interview or a test (optional)
In a nutshell, my focus is on helping you develop core communication skills so you can be proficient in a language in a relatively short amount of time.
In my honest opinion, traditional language teaching has been mediocre at best for giving a good result towards students' overall ability to communicate in their target language.
It also vastly ignores individuality and doesn't prepare students to be independent at learning on their own once they have reached a certain level.
Speaking and writing should be your main focus. Yes, in order to speak you need to understand by listening and in order to write you need to be able to read. So really the ultimate goal is to become good at these two.
My focus varies depending on the level of my students:
1.Beginners to Early Intermediate
- Even if you're a total beginner I can teach you Hangul (Korean alphabet from scratch)
- Expressions (learning how to express yourself in the most common situations)
- Basic grammar and vocabulary (Recommended book: Korean Grammar in Use)
- Tactics and tools to help you progress faster than average people
- (optional) Homework
* It's important to start learning grammar as early as possible. Every language is different. For Korean I recommend Korean Grammar in Use.
It's important to focus on grammar it shouldn't be your end goal. Remember that your goal is to be fluent and assimilating grammar is just a tool for helping you understand a language better.
2.Intermediate to Advanced (Good understanding of Korean grammar, verb conjugation, vocabulary, pronunciation):
- Reaching confidence and accuracy in communication
- Advanced vocabulary and grammar
- (optional) Proficiency exam preparation
- News article and discussion
*Please note that if a student is absent for a lesson, there will be no refund. For each lesson, it takes preparation on my part and I value my time very much. Should you need to cancel or reschedule a lesson, please inform me at least 24 hours in advance. Thank you!
*Also please ensure a good internet connection as well as your microphone set up to project a clear audio quality.
Thank you and I'm looking forward to working with you!!