Bonjour! My name is Edouard, I am a French teacher for foreigners. I was born in Normandie, in the north-west of France. When I was 22, I moved to London, UK where I learned English and Portuguese.
Teaching French is my passion and my full-time job, and I will make sure you get excellent results. My goal is to get you to fluency as quickly as possible.
Here is how I will help you improve your French really fast so you can take the next step in your life:
1 - Language immersion: I use authentic documents during my lessons to make sure that the French you learn is the actual French we speak in France.
2) Active communication: my lessons are made so that YOU are the one doing the talking. This is the best way for you to reach fluency fast.
3) Delayed error correction: I will not interrupt you and I will give kind and tactful correction only after you finish your sentence, or sometimes even at the end of our lesson. This way you will feel free to express yourself and make as many mistakes as you want - don't worry, I've been there! Our lessons will be a safe place for you to practice.
4) Motivation: learning a language can be tedious and I will make sure I keep your enthusiasm up when it comes to learning French. I love keeping in touch between lessons to see how you are keeping up with all the information :)
5) Tailored lessons: let me know what your goal is and I will deliver. Do you want French for business? Travel vocabulary? Pronunciation tips? Grammar exercises? Feel free to communicate and I will adapt my lessons to your needs.
To start learning French effectively, make sure you have:
1. A stable internet connection;
2. Good quality audio equipment. A headset is ideal so that we can hear each other properly;
3. A quiet place and a rested mind!