Nice to "meet" you and THANK YOU for checking my profile.
My name is Desieree ("Dee"). I was born and grew up in Indonesia before started to explore the world, lived and worked in France, Japan, and Singapore (for now). This is how I picked up the skill to share my native language, Bahasa Indonesia, with the people I met along the way. I also use the skill to teach Bahasa Indonesia to the foreigner in Singapore.
While leaving overseas, I learned the languages of those countries where I have stayed. That's why I understand how difficult it can be trying to learn a new language. Been there, done that :)
If I can share my experiences in learning a new language, these are few tips:
1. Find something that interests you (music, movie, food, etc)
2. Practice every day without fear or worry about making a mistake. A mistake is the best teacher, isn't it?
3. Do not worry about grammar (for now), let yourself learn from the mistake
4. Never too late to learn a new thing (language included)
5. We need to start somewhere :)
I strongly believe that every person is unique, so approach in teaching an individual will be based on your needs follows by your style of studying. Some people can learn faster through pictures, some people through music, and some through memorising grammar structure. So, let's have a chat and see which one suit you.
So, to conclude...let's relax, and start our journey!