If you're learning English, take a look at the following not-so-simple sentences to test your understanding of this (often) crazy language:
1. The bandage was wound around his leg to cover his wound.
2. We must polish the Polish furniture.
3. He could lead if he would get the lead out.
4. The soldier decided to desert his dessert in the desert.
5. "No time like the present," he said. "It's time to present her the present."
6. Startled, the dove dove into the bushes.
7. We were too close to the door to close it.
8. Not watching their steps, a seamstress and a sewer fell into a sewer.
9. On her farm, a woman worked to produce produce.
10. I had to subject the subject to a test.
11. It might be wise to bow to a man with a bow.
12. John had to write to the right people to keep his rights during his rites.
Let me know what you think!